|Canb antibiotics change a Teste Result
Sep 21, 1998
I was tested for AIDS on 3 months and 6 months after my last unsecure sexual intercouse and both the results were negative.But, during this period,I got Chlamydia and had tetracycline and doxycycline as medicine. Could these drugs alter the results of the AIDS tests I took ?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Extremely unlikely. Most tests undergo alot of pre FDA approval evaluation. This includes doing the test with interfering substances present (i.e. drugs, other viruses, high hemoglobins/bilirubins/lipids). MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Hiv Test Results Change After 4 Months?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Touching An Open Scab?
- Odds Of Getting AIDS Sex With A Prostitute
- Black Spots After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- After Treatment For Trichomoniasis How Should You Wait To Have Sex
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.