Urine testing at Blood Banks?

With this new information on the sensitivity of the Urine tests even possibly being more accurate than the Blood ELISA, do you think that doctors' offices will soon begin performing urine tests instead of blood? Also, with this new study, do you see any advantage of testing blood donors' HIV status with the urine test in conjunction with the blood to catch that (1 in a 1000)? Please respond.

I think we need further (independent) studies before I would consider using this test in the office. I think the blood bankers would agree. However, if the urine test is validated, it is conceivable that they would add this to the current screening of donors. That is how p24 antigen testing was added, in addition to the HIV antibody testing that was being done. MH

P 24 Antigen test, worthwhile or not?
urine test and the profit motive