What are the HIV tests that life insurance use?
Jan 19, 1999
When you apply for life insurance, what are the common HIV tests that they use for screening? Do they use ELISA or some other tests? Since it may take up to six months for antibodies to develop, ELISA may not able to detect the HIV virus.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
When I did this last year, the consent form I signed indicated that they would test my blood for antibodies to HIV. Nothing on the consent indicated that they would look for p24 antigen or do viral load testing. I have to admit, I did not follow that up with the company. You are correct about the window period. They might miss it, if that is all they are testing for. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Fever After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.