What are the HIV tests that life insurance use?

When you apply for life insurance, what are the common HIV tests that they use for screening? Do they use ELISA or some other tests? Since it may take up to six months for antibodies to develop, ELISA may not able to detect the HIV virus.

When I did this last year, the consent form I signed indicated that they would test my blood for antibodies to HIV. Nothing on the consent indicated that they would look for p24 antigen or do viral load testing. I have to admit, I did not follow that up with the company. You are correct about the window period. They might miss it, if that is all they are testing for. MH

Quantification of PCR
Different kinds of antibody tests