Viral Load/HIV type 1,2 cross reactions and viral mutations

You guys have a great informative site here. The best one on the web. Keep up the good work. I was wondering if you could tell me if a viral load, pcr, elisa, or wb Hiv test would react if someone were infected with type hiv 2 type virus. I had above tests, but only for hiv1. The doctor told me it would have showed up if I had hiv2, but I don't believe it b/c of chronic illness/symptoms for over 1yr. including thrush (doc. diagnosed) which hasn't responded to diflucan (200mg @1mo.),weight/hair loss, and chronic fatigue. I was also wondering about mutation of the virus. If HIV mutates so that the strains being passed are the easiest to catch, wouldn't it be possible to see a strain passable through saliva (i.e. EBV,CMV) or perhaps a mutation with one of these other viruses. If virus mutates enough, wouldn't it be possible to have strain that wouldn't show up on standard AB testing due to fact that the body is producing AB for diff. viral mutation than original HIV1 virus discoverd in 84? I would appreciate any suggestion or helpful info. you might have. Thanks again.

The assays are constantly updated. So they take into account changes that the virus is undergoing. HIV-1 Viral load, PCR and WB would not react if HIV-2 infection were present. Rarely, HIV-1 ELISA tests have been positive when HIV-2 were present. Current ELISAs test for both HIV-1 and 2. MH

Blood test question
HIV RNA