HIV RNA Quantification Vrs DNA PCR test
Feb 23, 1999
Is an HIV RNA Quantification result of <50 copies as definitive as the "DNA PCR test" in ruling out HIV 6 weeks after possible exposure. Antibodies are NEG.
Becasue of possible ARS, antibodies were also done at 14 weeks, along with an RNA quantification of <400 copies. both were neg.
Let me know your thoughts.
Keep up the good work and thanks for your help!
Response from Dr. Holodniy
A RNA test and DNA test during acute infection will have about equal positivity. Given the number, type, and interval of tests you have had performed, you do not have HIV infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Risk Of HIV Transmission From Receiving Oral Sex
- Are Black Spots A Sign Of AIDS?
- Swollen Lymph Nodes Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Ache In Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can A Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause A Sore On Your Gums?
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Masturbating With A Wart On Your Hand?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.