hiv rna vs. dna at 9 months

hi , i guess the title says what i need to know, but to be clearer, if one had a rna (VIRAL LOAD down to <400 copies) and it came back nondetectable and they had had a few elisas earlier (after exposure) and if they thought they may be immunosupressed so the antibodies may not have shown then would you have expected that viral load to have been pos? i realize there are some that detect down to 40 but i wasnt fortunate enough to get that one so considering what test was done where would one go from here?i read sordove contradictory info. that you wrote, see you told one person that they should get the rna because it was very reliable in detection then you have stated that the dna was what should be done. it is all so very confusing and i try to just use common sense and think that if i was pos, then with no meds and symptoms that i always think are hiv then a viral load would surely have been over 400 copies, would you agree? I really want to know how common it is for a person to start off with their 1st viral load test (after becoming infected)and them show up nondetectable. thanks.

A Viral load would have been positive. I don't think I have been contradictory. It depends on the clinical situation.

MH

hiv 0 type
Differing Opinions in Medical Community