Early testing of HIV infection?

Dear Doc,

I was recently in India (July 26) where I had to donate blood. The hospital was using one-use kits for drawing blood. But the nurse was not wearing any protective gloves, and she also applied a band-aid with her bare hands.

After returning to the US, (12 days after the incident) I am having fever, sore throat.

I called my folks back and they said that there is an incidence of viral fever.

What is the probability that I may have HIV infection? Is this a phase of Acute Retroviral Syndrom? Please help. I do not know where to go for help.

Thanks a lot

These are very nonspecific symptoms, and could be the result of many different kinds of infections.

Blood in eye
virus load/antibodies