|antibodies without infection
Aug 18, 2001
A while ago I asked about the possibility of being HIV positive without being HIV infected, since HIV positive by definition merely signifies the presence of antibodies. In your response you said it could happen, and then you said "However these very few cases pale in comparison to the 40 million cases that are HIV antibody positive and have evidence of active infection by virtue of positive viral load or DNA PCR tests."
What is the estimated number of HIV positives who have had viral load testing? Surely it is not 40 million?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
You would have to ask Roche and Bayer where they are selling viral load kits and how many tests are being performed there.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flu Symptoms After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From In A Hot Tub?
- Is The Herpes Virus In A Male's Semen?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.