what does this mean?
Aug 18, 2001
While suffering from (possible) ARS i had an RNA test performed which came back +ve. My symptons stopped after six weeks from a low risk exposure and i had an antibody test one week later, which was -ve.
I'm now confused. Which of these do you think are possible? & which are most likely?
1. False RNA test. 2. I haven't seroconverted yet (but how can this be true if my symptons have stopped?). 3. A miracle has happened and the hiv didn't like me.
ps. i'll get tested again, but was just after your thoughts.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
It is hard to interpret from the information presented what the significance of the tests results are. Was the viral load result truly only reported as positive, or was there a copy number assigned to the result.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do Itchy Red Spots Mean I Have AIDS?
- Itchy Skin After Mutual Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Give A Male Oral Sex, Can I Get An Std
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.