Recent vaccines could affect ELISA results?
Mar 15, 1999
I tested ELISA positive and 22 days after, the immunoblot gives indeterminate, my last exposure was about 8 months before ELISA. 5 days before the ELISA I received FLU and tetanos (forgive me, I don't know the word in english) vaccines, could this vaccines cause the positive result of the ELISA.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Vaccines create specific antibody responses toward the antigen (protein) that is being introduced. There can be some nonspecific immune activation as well. Periodic reports have surfaced over the years regarding false positive HIV antibody tests after flu vaccine, not tetnus. I would definitely get retested for HIv. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom
- Is Dry Cough A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Itchy Skin A Sign Of HIV?
- Sore On Tongue After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore Throat After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.