PCR RNA - Please answer

Since I have had Flu like sympotms, diarrhea and peripheral neuropathy for almost 2-3 months, My dr. ordered a HIV1/2 Elisa and PCR RNA test. This test was done 3 months after my last exposure. Result for Elisa is Negative and RNA was < 400 and log < 2.6. Does this mean I do have the virus and it is less than 400. If not why does it not say undetectable? Also, should I get another Elisa at 6 monhts?

I will only comment on the interpretation of viral load testing. This particular assay only quantitates viral copy number down to 400 copies. There are other assays that quantitate viral copy number down to 50 or less. In order for something to be truly undetectable, it must be zero. These assays can not achieve such a claim. The HIV community has adopted "undetectable" as meaning below the threshold of the assay.

What does this mean?
Toxity affects of hiv meds