Western Blot and HIV-2
Apr 19, 1999
Do most State hospital labs do HIV 1 as well as HIV 2 testing? I know that there arte different ELISA tests for HIV- 1 and 2. Is the Western Blot also different?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
The western blot tests are indeed different for both HIV-1 and 2. Don't know about the state lab question. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Groin Pain After Barebacking Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Touching Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- How Fast Do Genital Warts Spread?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.