Amplicor viral load test - all subtypes detected?
Apr 26, 1999
Dear Doctor Holodniy, Does the HIV viral load by Amplicor detect most subtypes of HIV-l? Also, do the various subtypes all share the same basic or core RNA/DNA sequence with only minor extremity differences? If so, I would assume the Amplicor detects all subtypes. Thanks so much.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
The main problems with detection/quantitation have been with subtype A and group O. A new version of the test will be out shortly that can detect these groups. There are indeed small differences between these and other strains. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Sore Throat A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Loose Stool Sign Of HIV Infection
- Burning Penis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Touching Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.