Can HIV sub-type O be detected by PCR?
May 6, 1999
Dear Dr, Can the HIV sub-type O be tested by HIV PCR after 10 months from exposure? I'm really feel worried. Pls give me an answer. Thanks!
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Not with the current commercially available PCR based assays. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Cold Feet After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Touching Penis Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Does Fluconazole Stay In Your Body?
- Irritation On Penis Tip After Sex Chlamydia Sti
- What Will Happen If You Don't Treat Genital Warts?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.