ELISA is extremely accurate.
May 18, 1999
Dear Dr. Holodniy, I don't understand why people are questioning the accuracy of the ELISA antibody test. Is is not correct that if you are truly infected with HIV, the test will pick it up 100% of the time assuming that you are outside the "window period"? This of course assumes that you are in good health and produce HIV antibodies. In otherwords, ELISA test may produce a very small number of false positive results but never any false negative results.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
We'll make it 99.999%, but you are right on the money. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Rash After Blood Splash Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Psoriasis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- How Long After Sex Do Symptoms Of A Std Occur?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.