Prescription Drugs & Testing

Doc, I've been taking Propecia and Rogaine (for my hair) and Zyrtec (for my allergies). Will these (or any prescription drugs, for that matter) affect my HIV test OR how long I have to wait until I get tested?

Someone told me that if you are a heavy drug user, then this may affect your immune system and that it may take longer for antibodies to be picked up during testing, thus you have to wait longer to get tested.

Thank You

You have to separate recreational drug use and it's potential effects on the immune system and most prescription drugs. Test kit makers are not required to test for interference with every possible FDA approved medication. It is unlikely the meds you list will interfere with the test. MH

Rhem-Arthritis confuses HIV Testing
42 hour med guy - CBC results