100% accurate testing for all Subtypes
Jun 21, 1999
Hello Doc. I am willing to go anywhere in the world to get a 100% accurate testing for Hiv and all its subtypes. Currently I test Negative for antibody testing on Elisa and PCR.Should I go for the western blot. It's been two years since very high risk exposure. Fevers & flus make me feel suicidal.I am afraid I may spread it to others.Please reply.Very Serious.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
A western blot is unnecessary with a negative ELISA. Given you have also had a negative PCR test, and your exposure was 2 years ago, you don't need further testing. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Oral Ulcers A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Swollen Lymph Nodes Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Dry Cough After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Purple Spots After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Accuracy Of An Hiv Test After Six Weeks
- Bleeding Gums While Giving Oral Sex
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.