100% accurate testing for all Subtypes
Jun 21, 1999
Hello Doc. I am willing to go anywhere in the world to get a 100% accurate testing for Hiv and all its subtypes. Currently I test Negative for antibody testing on Elisa and PCR.Should I go for the western blot. It's been two years since very high risk exposure. Fevers & flus make me feel suicidal.I am afraid I may spread it to others.Please reply.Very Serious.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
A western blot is unnecessary with a negative ELISA. Given you have also had a negative PCR test, and your exposure was 2 years ago, you don't need further testing. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does Sore On Penis Mean I Have Hiv?
- Is Itchy Skin A Symptom Of AIDS?
- Is Night Sweats A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Diarrhea After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.