|Blood group and false negative?
Jul 19, 1999
I was wondering if the blood group and RH factor could affect the Elisa results giving a false negative. After a low risk exposure (I gave oral sex and he did not ejaculate) I have taken 3 Elisa test at 6 weeks, 3 and 6 months, the three of them negative. Should I have my urine tested for HIV since I have blood group O RH negative and supposely this is not a common blood group, would this be interfering with the Elisa results?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Blood group will not affect the HIV antibody test. You are negative. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- I Had Sex With Someone Who Had Hep C Does That Mean I Have It
- The Percent Of Hiv Worldwide Caused By Prostitution
- Can Acyclovir Help Hepatitis C Infection?
- How Many Days After Having Sex Should I Test For Hiv?
- Hiv Western Blot Test How Long Does It Take For Results
- How Much Acidophilus Should I Take For Thrush?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.