help

i recently called home access about being indetermined on the western blot numberous times by the blood center and tested 4 x times neg with home access i asked what conformation test they use and she said ifa,she also said that the western blot give much more indetermines then the ifa,my question is this when a person is indetermined on a western blot why isnt the ifa also done i personally think its wrong to leave a person in limbo.

I cannot answer why certain tests are done or not done. The pattern of the western blot can give some clue as to whether your blot, although indeterminate, is a false positive or a true positive but in the seroconversion period. If you continue to test indeterminate by western blot over months, it is very unlikely that HIV infection is present. You may want to consult an ID/HIV specialist to determine whether viral load or other HIV testing is necessary. MH

PEP and PCR #2
Please tell me what to do further when it is obvious it is hiv