Is p24 antigen test a good test
Jul 26, 1999
Dr. It has been four weeks since I was exposed to aids. Ten days after exposure I took a p24 antigen test, which was negative. I have not shown any flu like symptoms that are sometimes common. How reliable and valid is the P24 antigen test? What are my chances of still being positive, and should I be re-tested? Thank You
Response from Dr. Holodniy
That test by itself is not reliable. Antibody testing should be performed at 1 and 3 months. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- White Tongue Worried It Could Be Ars
- Burning Penis After Touching Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Licking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Jock Itch After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have
- Penis Discharge After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.