|Can the PCR detect the N strain of HIV
Aug 5, 1999
Can the PCR DNA detect the N strain of HIV. Why is it that the Elisa test after a window period of six months still only 99.9% confirmatory? What should one do to rule out HIV completely? -Just being a little Inquisitive.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
I am not sure about the commercial PCR test. PCR technology can though. You have to do what you must to rule out infection. We offer guidelines and testing strategies. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do Modern Elisa Hiv Tests Detect O And N Strains?
- Why Is Pcr Detection More Sensitive For Hiv Detection?
- What Causes Lipoatrophy In Upper Thighs?
- Ethical Issues On Improper Disclosure Of Protected Health Information On Patients With Hiv Or Aids
- Vitamin B6 And Peripheral Neuropathy
- How Accurate Is Hiv Screening?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.