Steady Viral load for a year now?
Sep 17, 1999
I have had a viral load ranging from 7,000 to 4,200 for a year now could that man my drugs are no longer working?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Yes, but it depends on where you started, how low you went, and where you are now. For instance, if you started at 100,000, decreased to <500, and are now 4,000, and you are taking your meds correctly, this could definitely mean your regimen has failed. If you went from 100,000 to 4,000 and stayed there, that could still be considered success, but probably only temporary, since resistance is likely to develop.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Oral Ulcers After Oral Sex With No Protection What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rectal Bleeding After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.