Is this phenotype resistance test?

Dear Dr. Holodniy, my brother (who is in Italy) got his resistance results, but there's nothing that looks like mutations. Instead, for each medication tested, there is a number for resistance and a number for maximum resistance, and it says that if the number for resistance is below 4 you are very sensitive, and if it is above 10 you are very resistant. My brother is on Saquinavir/3TC/d4T and he took Ritonavir and many nukes in the past. His resistance results are: AZT: resistance: 12 max meas. resistance: 111 3TC: resistance: 107 max meas. resistance: 107 d4T: resistance: 3 max meas. resistance: 21 abacavir: resistance: 4 max meas. resistance: 54 saquinavir: resistance: 23 max meas. resistance: 32

I don't go on, but he is resistant also to the other PIs and not to the no-nukes (he's never taken any) My questions are: 1) Is this a phenotype resistance testing? 2) Does this kind of testing reveal d4T resistance, or we cannot tell from it if my brother is resistant or not to d4T? 3) Is my brother sensitive to Abacavir, or we cannot tell because this test does not reveal resistance to nukes taken in the past, and which probably overlaps with abacavir resistance?

Thank you so much! P

1.Sounds like a phenotype. 2.Hard to demonstrate d4T resistance. 3.Looks like he is sensitive to abacavir. Sounds like he could go on a regimen of a nonnuc, d4T, abacavir. There is no mention of ddI resistance, but that probably could be used as well. MH

How accurate is resistance testing?
resistance to stavudine