|Is VL present without HIV?
Jul 31, 1998
Is it possible to have a VL of 7500 and not have HIV?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
That would be extremely unlikely. Possiblities for this scenario include, acute infection (+ VL, - HIV antibody), or false positive test (+ VL, - antibody, but not infected). The VL tests are very specific for HIV-1 infection. Thus it would also be unlikely that this were a cross reaction to other viral infections like HIV-2, or HTLV I/II. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Touching A Bloody Scab?
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Floaters After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Night Sweats After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.