NEVER SEEN A DOCTOR HIV FOR 13+ YEARS

I HAVE BEEN HIV + FOR 13+ YEARS THAT I KNOW OF. I HAVE NEVER SEEN A DOCTOR OR BEEN ON ANY DRUGS. I HAVE NO SIGNS OF HIV AND AM QUITE HEALTHY. I REALIZE THAT I AM A LONG TERM SURVIVOR. QUESTION IS . DO YOU THINK THAT ITS TO LATE FOR ME TO START THOSE DRUGS??. I TAKE LOADS OF VITAMINS AND AMINO ACIDS. ANY SUGGESTIONS DOC? ED..

First congrats on your 13 years! Whether you need to go on antiviral therapy will depend on what your CD4 count and viral load are. Some long term survivors with CD4 counts >500 and viral loads < 500/ml, and who have been infected for 10 years or longer, are still not on therapy. I think it would be useful for you to see a physican who has lots of HIV experience and get these very useful tests. Then you can make a better decision about whether you need to start or can wait another 13 years.

MH

ARS during PEP
Please Help:17-month old maybe HIV+