|Undetectable viral load
Nov 13, 1998
Assuming that the date of infection is known, how long may viral load remain undetectable without treatment? Indefinitely, or is there a point at which it will necessarily rear its ugly head and go "BOO!"
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Viral load will become detectable within several days after infection, and is detectable in essentially all HIV infected people forever unless effective treatment makes it undetectable. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long To Get A Undetectable Viral Load?
- What To Do If Your Partner Has Herpes?
- What Prescription Cream Works For Shingles?
- What Is The Most Common Medication Prescribed For Gonorrhea?
- What Is The Best Over The Counter Medicine For Chlamydia?
- What Is A Over The Counter Genital Wart Remover?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.