|Ever a cure for HIV/AIDS???
Nov 30, 1998
In your opinion, do you think there will ever be a cure for HIV/AIDS and if so how long? Also, what is the usual lifespan for someone once they are diagnosed with HIV until the inevitable? Please respond!!!
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
A cure would be many years off at best. The current goals of HIV therapy research are viral containment and immune system inhancement. The life span continues to increase. In the not to distant past without effective therapy, life expectancy was about 5-10 years. Now with highly active therapy (if begun early in disease), life expectancy is at least 15-20 years. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bloody Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Vaginal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Rash After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Glands After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.