|Retroviral drugs and HIV testing?
Feb 23, 1999
It seems that there are a number of people writing in doubting their NEG. status. Is it possible that the retroviral drugs that are making people non detectable are somehow simple changing the composition of the virus?
Could this have mutated the virus in such a maner that it is no longer detectable via our current methods?
Would the antibodies that are formed be significantly different that they as well, would not be measuarable on the Elisa's?
Let me know your thoughts.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Cough After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Touching Open Wound Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Mouth After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Vibramycin Treat Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.