Retroviral drugs and HIV testing?
Feb 23, 1999
It seems that there are a number of people writing in doubting their NEG. status. Is it possible that the retroviral drugs that are making people non detectable are somehow simple changing the composition of the virus?
Could this have mutated the virus in such a maner that it is no longer detectable via our current methods?
Would the antibodies that are formed be significantly different that they as well, would not be measuarable on the Elisa's?
Let me know your thoughts.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Red Spots After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Sharing Sex Toys Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Touching Vaginal Fluid Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.