Feb 23, 1999
i had done a ELISA test 8 weeks after exposure, result negative. I would like to do a bDNA < 50 copies ,test next week. Is it possible a person can have less that 50 copies without any treatment ?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Extremely unlikely during acute infection. Possible in some chronically infected people who are long term nonprogressors with intact immune systems.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Odds Of Getting HIV Vaginal Sex Condom Broke
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Anal Sex Condom Broke
- Ear Infection After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Azithromycin Dose For Chlamydia
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.