Testing cycle during ARS

In your answer to a previous question you have mentioned that the testing cycle begin with certain kind of sympthoms. What in your opinion will be the optimal time to do the testing while the sympthoms are taking place at the begining or at the end? According to some studies VL will be higher during ARS and dectetable with the PCR RNA. However the symthoms may remain for several months in many cases without the PCR being able to detect the virus. Again my question is (1) what will be the optimal time to take the PCR after 8 weeks or while having the ARS? When the set point is established? (2) At the end of the ARS or when the person has already seroconverted by 3-6-9 months? All this being said because in some people the ARS doesn't last more than a week. However seroconversion seems to appear much later in the tests. Am I right? Thanks again Dr. Your contribution is greatly appreciated

The testing cycle usually begins with during symptoms because that is what brings people to the doctor. The time of exposure is probably the critical time and not whether symptoms are present or not. I would like to see the data regarding the those who are infected with prolonged symptoms and undetectable viral loads. I have only heard of an anecdotal case or two. One on this forum. A month after exposure is enough time to obtain a positive viral load or DNA PCR. Seroconversion usually follows in a month or two, but could be positive at one month. MH

Initial Viral load
Diagnosis 2