Apr 26, 1999
From reading some of your answers, you indicated some HIV infected people do not experience ARS. I am wonder if some of these people might have ARS and went unnotice because some ARS symptoms are very similar to other common symptoms. What is your view on this? Thank you Dr.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Exactly. ARS is a "flu-like" syndrome. It mimics many other colds and flus we all experience. Thus people might not go to the doctor if they don't equate these symptoms in their own minds with a high risk exposure. And indeed some people do not remember any symptoms when tested a few months later and found to be HIV positive. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Oral Ulcers After Fingering Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Open Mouth Kissing What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sinus Infection After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Does Amoxicillin Cure Stds?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.