Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Been reading and I'm Confused

I have read many of your articles and appreciate the work put in by the people at “the Body” but I have a couple of questions:

1) Would the lingering cough (over one month) and fatigue associated with HIV infection start within the first few months after exposure or is it something that would appear much later on?

2) What is the difference between ARS and Seroconversion. Do they occur separately or simultaneously. Are there any signs associated with seroconversion ?

3) If I had already seroconverted could I test negative at 14 weeks (elisa, western blot, & PCR)?

Thanks in Advance

1). It would start much later on.

2). They occur together. Signs include fever, diffuse swollen glands, rash, mouth ulcers, headache, among others.

3). No. Seroconversion means that you have developed antibodies and the ELISA and western blot would be positive because that is what they measure. MH

WHEN IS A VIRAL LOAD
Seroconversion for all std's