lymph node timing
Aug 9, 1999
DOCTOR H., three quick questions that I want your advice or answers to. 1. Do lymph nodes that swell during ARS occur at the end of ARS or during ARS meaning at the same time you experience fever, fatigue, etc. 2. Do they swell everywhere at the same time or start in one place then appear in another and later another? 3. When you say lymph nodes swelling is the hallmark of HIV infection are you talking about during ARS, or after ARS? 4. Do almost all HIV infected people get swollen lymph nodes after seroconversion and how long after initial infection is this? 5. lastly, do you think everyone gets ARS even though most say 80% get it, and do you think that the others just can't exactly remember the flu like feeling so they think they never had ARS?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
1. It is a spectrum, but fever usually comes first. 2. Again, hard to know. It's a spectrum. Those who seek medical attention usually have nodes in several places. 3. During. 4. Most do, usually within 2-4 weeks after exposure. 5. Hard to know. Alot of people never went to a doctor or got tested within 6 months of exposure, and yes many could not remember a syndrome. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Can Genital Warts Cause Death?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.