how do you calculate the amount of time you had the hiv virus
Nov 1, 1999
If you vl is 2600 and you cd4 is 134 how many years have you had this disease and what affect will it have on your body with no medication over the years.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
That CD4 count would indicate around 8-10 years of infection. Without treatment, natural history studies would indicate that people lose around 50-70 cells/year. With a CD4 count of 134, one has a much greater risk of opportunistic infections. Treatment can reverse this trend and improve the immune function. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Cough After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Touching Dried Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Getting Fingered Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Glands After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.