Jan 24, 2000
Iam a college student taking a course on HIV/AIDS. What is "sero-conversion?" By the way, I'm also HCV positive and I have found these internet recources invaluable in my own battle. Keep up the good work. Dennis.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
This refers to the time when someone is infected with a virus for example, but antibodys have not developed yet and/or can't be detected in the serum by standard assays. When the antibodies develop, you "convert" your status to positive. The time period then when antibodies are developing is known as seroconversion. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get Hiv Throw Shaving Bumps On Your Pubic Hair Shaving?
- Transmission Of Hepatitis B Through Saliva
- Odds Of Catching Hiv While Wearing A Condom
- Is Inactive Carrier Of Hepatitis B Contagious?
- If The Woman Already Has Hiv Can A Man Get It Through Vaginal Sex?
- Exercises To Get Rid Of Buffalo Hump
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.