viral load correlation
Nov 16, 1999
Dr., do you believe there is any correlation between the level of viral load and the existence or severity of ARS?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
There is little published data to answer that question directly. Most data has been presented in aggregate and not as individual patients with quantitation of ARS severity. Viral load levels during ARS, do not necessarily correlate with later progression. Viral load levels after seroconversion and after ARS, do correlate with progression. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Risk Of Getting HIV
- Is Sore On Penis A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Flu Symptoms After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Touching Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Red Spots After Drinking After Someone Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Does Bactrim Treat Syphilis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.