Difference between HIV and AIDS
Feb 17, 2000
What is the difference between HIV positive and AIDS?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
HIV positive just indicates HIV infection (as evidenced by antibodies against the virus in the blood or presence of the virus as measured by viral load). AIDS is defined as HIV infection with a CD4 count of < 200 or 14%, or the presence of one or more serious kinds of infections or cancers.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Penis After Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Touching Open Wound Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Antibiotics Used To Treat Gonorrhea And Chlamydia
- Can You Catch HIV In The Ocean Water?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.