Water Safety for HIV +
Oct 18, 1999
Dear Dr, I am hiv + with cd4 around 400. I just found out my well water tested high for nitrate level--I think this can mean bacteria. I'll be drinking bottled water. Can you tell me if I could at risk for anything since I've been drinking this water for over 1 year. I have had some mild symptoms like on/off diarrhea and low temp. thanks
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Parasites and diarrhea associated bacteria are commonly found in well water. If you are having symptoms now, it could mean a low grade infection. I would get to your doc and have a stool sample sent for culture and parasite exam. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get HIV From Picking Your Nose?
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Afraid I Have HIV
- Black Spots After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Red Spots After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Jock Itch After Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.