Hepatitis Shots...When?

I was recently diagnosed as positive (last December), probably infected last April. When is it necessary to get Hepatitis Shots? Why do I need them? Are there any other kind of shots I need so early in my time with this disease? By the way, my viral load is on the decline and t-cells on the rise (CD4 from 300 to 500, VL from 350,000 to 1,000). Thanks for your time.

If you don't have evidence of hepatitis B (HBV) or A (HAV)immunity, it is not unreasonable to get vaccinated and be protected from these other viral infections. This is especially important if you have hepatitis C infection (for which there is no vaccine), where that disease can be made worse by other liver infections. Evidence of HBV vaccination is now required by many school districts in the US. So, it is not just an HIV specific issue.

MH

life span affected?
REPEATED EXPOSURE