DNA Qualitative or Quantitation?

Hey Mark, I apologize for that last letter that I wrote. I believe it was too long and also inappropriate for this forum (I wouldn't want it to have reduced any questions from others, no matter how many times they have been asked). As a writer, I tend to snap into a story mode when expressing myself and/or questions. Nevertheless, I have one good (direct) issue that I thank you gratefully in advance for addressing. Question: What are the technical differences between Qualitative and Quantitation. And, for diagnostic purposes, is the DNA Qualitative test that I took, most appropriate?, and/or as good as and as sufficient, as quantitation? Kind Regards, D.S.

Qualitative tests will maximize sensitivity and lose quantitation ability. For diagnosis, qualitative test is most appropriate. MH

PCR tests, antibody tests and
PCR to rule out HIV