Qualitative DNA PCR--HIV O?
Aug 4, 2001
Thank you for your time, Doctor. You mentioned that an HIV1 Qualitative DNA PCR will not pick up HIV2. It is true then that this test will pick up all HIV1 suptypes, including O and N?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Depends on who is doing the test, and whether it is from a kit, or a home brew designed assay.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Chest Cold An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Penis Discharge A Symptom Of AIDS?
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Do I Need To Get Tested For HIV
- Chances Of Catching AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Achy Balls After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Receptive Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.