|Qualitative DNA PCR (Roche)
Jun 17, 1999
Doc, I took the Qualitative DNA PCR at 11 months after exposure. Result was "none detected". My question is: If one were indeed infected, would this test be "positive" for life in that individual? I understand that this test isn't approved for diagnosis, but in your opinion, what do you make of a "negative" Qualitative DNA PCR test at 11 months?
Thanks you're the best!
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
You are not infected with HIV. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Qualitative Hiv Dna Pcr Test
- Can Anxiety About Hiv Lead To Hiv Symptoms?
- What Does Maculopapular Rash Look Like?
- If I Have Aids Or Hiv What Would Show Up Abnormal In Blood Tests?
- Would My Boyfriend Get Chlamydia If I Didn't Tell Him The First Time
- Will Bacterial Vaginosis Clear On Its Own?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.