HIV inside cooked food
Aug 4, 2001
Hello, does hiv survive inside cooked food? I have the impression that a cook can cut the hand while cooking and the infected blood enters the food and he/she cooks the food and give an uninfected person to eat. will this person be in infected too?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
HIV will not survive the temperatures in normally cooked food.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Pins And Needles In Arms And Legs
- Possible Side Effects Of The Drug Truvada Used As Pep
- Odds Of Getting Hiv With One Time Exposure To Hiv Positive
- Can You Get Hiv Without Open Cuts Through Vaginal Sex?
- Bumps In Mouth And Hiv
- Can Worrying About Hiv Make You Have Symptoms When You Don't Have It?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.