|Low CD4+ and high viral load
Aug 12, 1999
Dear Doctor, I found out last week to hiv pos. My CD4+ is 27 and the viral load is 190.000 and I am already on therapy. I was probably infected 4 months ago. How bad is the situation?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
It would be unlikely you were infected 4 months ago with an absolute CD4 count of 27. Are you sure you are not looking at the percentage of CD4 cells? If the absolute number is truly 27, the infection took place some years ago, and you by definition have AIDS. A viral load of 190,000/ml is not in and of itself that bad. Treatment today will bring that level down to < 50/ml and boost your t cells up.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With A Prostitute Worried I Have AIDS
- Chances Of Catching HIV From Sex With A Prostitute
- Blisters After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Herpes After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.