low viral load,low t-cell count

I was infected in 1996 - Six months aftersuffering mono-like symptons, I tested positive for the virus. I never sought any treatment until I started having very bad sore throats, toe-nail fungus and migraines. I then enrolled in a private funded HIV study 4 months ago, just to find out that I had only 145 T-cells left, and 150,000 as my viral load. I have been taking a cocktail (didanosine, zerit, nelfinavir and efivarenz -- with either zerit or efivarenz as just placebo) and my newest results were 275 for t-cells and 29 as viral load. I was very disappointed by the low nos. of t-cells. The nurse pratictioner told me that perhaps something else is stopping the re-growth of my cells, but I have not had any bad cold or nothing like that in the last 30 days. Am I dummed to barely keep my t-cell nos. up from the two hundred count? I know of people whose cells jumped to 500 or so after 4 months of treatment. Am I seeing a regulat doctor? No, I have to wait 'til the end of my probationary period in my new job.

A 130 cell increase is very respectable in terms of a response and is well within the expected range of response. The maximal increase may take 6 months or longer. MH

Viral load
Low CD4+ and high viral load