Aug 23, 1999
On a scale of 1 to 10, how bad is a baseline vload of 56,000? If it matters baseline cd4 315.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
That viral load is moderately high and indicates a moderately high risk of progression if left unchecked. Your CD4 count indicates that this level of replication has already cut your CD4 count by 50%. An effective therapy regimen should easily get that VL down to < 50/ml.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Does It Take To Cure Candidiasis?
- How Long Does It Take For The Hiv Virus To Show Up?
- What's The Accurate Window Period To Find Out If You Hiv?
- Undetectable Hiv Positive Woman And Negative Man Transmission Risk
- What Are The Chances Of Being Hiv Positive?
- Can You Get Hiv Even With Using A Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.