The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Understanding Your LabsUnderstanding Your Labs
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advice to worried wells

Aug 4, 2001

To all worried wells, I had the same problems that most of you have stated on this forum. I had all these symptoms, but was unable to accept a negative test. I did some things. 1)I accepted the fact that the test administered and performed by trained individuals who are in a field of medicine that the internet was not going to teach me (no matter how much time I spent on the computer) 2) I started putting more energy into my life and the people around me instead of concertrating on the world of HIV 3)(big help)I actually listened to a doctors story about how when he was my age (33) he was so convinced that he had syphillus that he would not listen to any other doctors diagnosis even after all the negative test (he was around 60 now and I consider him the original worried well!) 4)Remember alot of the things symptoms that come up were here way before HIV! 5) I made a book with all my negative test results (RNA,Antiboy,P24) and whenever I start to feel that the doctors were wrong I open up the book and look at the results. 6)Also, HIV does not have a mind of its own. When you get an antiboy test the virus does not hold the antibodies 'hostage'(not allowing them to travel in the vein where the needle is placed) giving you a false negative. 7)Same with the RNA. It doesn't hide from the needle and tube. Hope this helps

Response from Dr. Holodniy


Symptoms after 5 months?
HIV branch DNA

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint