Viral Load and T-Cell's increase together within 3 months

In July 1999, my VL was 2,500 and T-Cells 515. Now in Sept. 1999, the VL increased to 44,000, HOWEVER, my T-Cells also increased to 785 in the same time frame. I am feeling good however. Any specific thoughts on this occurence ? Drug regimen is Sustiva, 3TC, and D4T. Thank you

Jeff

Several possibilities exist. Lab error. Lack of adherence. Concomitant illness/vaccination. Development of resistance. Or a discordant response, in which there is a true disconnect between T cell and viral load responses. You don't indicate what your lowest viral load was with this regimen. If 2500 was your lowest, then it is highly likely that resistance to sustiva and 3TC has developed. MH

Viral load plummets?
WHAT DO VIRAL AND CD4 REALLY MEANS