|3 years undetectable and cd4/950+
Mar 22, 2000
I have been posiive for 4.5 years. I am not on any meds. I have been tested by the Air Force from the beginning of my diagnosis.
I am wondering what is going on with me. Is this normal for someone to be undetectable less than 50 with an increasing cd4 count?
I asked my doctor if she has witnessed anything like this? She said, "No."
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
There are definitely people with HIV infection in your situation. You either have a wimpy virus, or a great immune system that can contain HIV replication and prevent the destruction of CD4 cells. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Do Genital Warts Look Like In Early Stages?
- What Can I Use To Stop Itching From Hpv?
- On What Areas Of The Body Can A Herpes Sore Show Up
- What Are Your Chances Of Getting Herpes If You Have Sex With Someone That Has It?
- Transmission Of Genital Herpes
- The Risk Of Catching Gonorrhea From A Single Act Of Sexual Intercourse
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.